Check out the DELICIOUS recipe for the Triple Berry Scones (Raspberries, Blackberries, Blueberries) featuring a divine Lemon Glaze!
Triple Berry Scones
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold, unsalted butter
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cups heavy cream
- ¾ cup frozen raspberries, blackberries and blueberries (or whatever fruit you’d like)
- ½ large lemon, juiced
- ½ to 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Cut butter into ¼-inch pieces and return it to the refrigerator to keep it cold until needed.
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt in a large wide bowl. Mix to combine.
- Add butter to the dry ingredients and toss it to coat with flour. Working quickly with clean fingers or a pastry blender, rub or cut butter into the flour mixture until it resembles coarse meal.
- Add frozen berries to the mixture and toss to coat. Drizzle the heavy cream evenly over the mixture. Toss with a fork, scraping up from the bottom, until the dough starts to clump together. Knead the mixture together in the bowl until it comes together in a mass. It’s okay if there are a few stray bits and dry patches; the most important thing is to avoid overworking the dough.
- Turn out the dough on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Press in stray bits gently and shape the dough into an a 7 to 8-inch square about ¾-inch thick. It should look a bit rough and ragged.
- Using a knife or bench scraper, divide the square into 6 smaller squares. Divide each square in half diagonally to make 12 small triangles.
- Separate the scones carefully to give them room to spread. Bake until pale golden, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- To prepare the glaze, combine lemon juice and ½ cup confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl. Whisk to combine. Add more sugar, as needed to create the desired consistency for glazing.
- Cool scones for at least 10 minutes before glazing. Serve warm or at room temperature.