Been craving a tex-mex all veggie salad this week and I finally got around to making it! This beauty is beyond simple to make and is the epitome of freshness. I didn’t follow any particular recipe for this because many that I looked at were slightly funky and included ingredients that I don’t necessarily love (for example: one called for a can of green chiles??) not really my jam, so I stuck with the basics. Shout out to my mom also because she used to make this dish a TON during the summer 🙂 It’s definitely a family favorite.
I like to grill up a chicken breast to serve alongside the salad, but if you are vegetarian or vegan, or just simply don’t want meat, this salad is quite filling due to the amount of veggies and beans it contains! Plus, isn’t it just beautiful? Eat your colors people.
Healthy Veggie Salad
- 1 15oz can black beans (rinsed/drained)
- 1 15oz can garbanzo beans (rinsed/drained)
- 1 15oz can corn (rinsed/drained)
- 1 Green Bell Pepper (diced into small pieces)
- 1 pkg of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup Cilantro
- 1 Red Onion (chopped into small pieces)
- Juice of 2 Limes
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (add as you’d like)
- Avocado slices
- Mix all ingredients (EXCEPT avocado) into a large bowl.
- I like to make the salad a few hours before I am ready to eat it. That way it allows the flavors to blend together and the lime to soak into the veggies even more!)
- Garnish with avocado when ready to eat!