This past week was full of WAY too many rich and indulgent foods. I found myself trying to get back to the basics today with some hard boiled eggs, salad, turkey breast, fruit and sweet potato.
However, of course, (like clockwork) after dinner I started craving chocolate!
I decided to use the leftover 1/2 of my sweet potato from dinner to make a sweet concoction!
Here is what I ended up with! A sweet potato mug brownie!
Sweet Potato Mug Brownie
- 1 TBSP Coconut Flour
- 2 TBSP Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 TBSP Baking Powder
- 3 TBSP Almond Milk
- 1/2 of a sweet potato
- 1/2 TBSP Peanut Butter (or any nut butter)
- 1 TBSP Coconut Sugar
- Chocolate Chips
- Mix coconut flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder together in a mug.
- Add the almond milk, mashed sweet potato, peanut butter (or any other nut butter) and coconut sugar.
- Mix until there are no lumps.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes until the brownie is set (you determine how firm you want it!)
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top (optional)
I hope you will try this recipe when you are feeling a sweet tooth coming on, but you don’t want all the regret that comes with a typical dessert!
This recipe is most definitely…healthy-ishh!