1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup buttermilk or 1 cup milk plus 1 tablespoon vinegar
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/3 cups sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1. For the batter cream together butter, sugar and eggs.
2. Add milk, flour, and baking soda
3. Divide 1/2 of the batter into a 9X5 loaf pan
4. Mix in separate bowl the 1/3 c sugar and cinnamon
5. Sprinkle 3/4 of the cinnamon sugar on top of the batter
6. Add remaining batter to pan; sprinkle the remaining cinnamon sugar on top. Swirl with a knife!
7. Bake at 350 for 60 min. or until toothpick comes out clean when tested
8. Cool in pan for 20 minutes before removing from the pan
This bread will be soft, moist, and it will make the entire house smell like cinnamon-heavenly goodness!
I like to bake a loaf of bread on Sunday so that I can have a yummy breakfast during the work week. (This is only if I’m not on a green smoothie, chia pudding, or greek yogurt kick!) Lately I have been in the mood to bake, what can I say, winter has me feeling all kinds of cozy!
Plus, what is better than a yummy slice of cinnamon friendship bread after a long morning run or bike ride?! You EARNED it at that point!
This is my frozen face in anticipation of stuffing it with this delicious bread! 🙂
You can see the cinnamon swirled throughout the loaf. I’m not too artistic when it comes to pulling the knife through the dough…it could look much better, but either way, the point is that cinnamon is in every bite!
The crust gets golden brown and has a little crunch to it. Trevor LOVES this aspect of the bread, as do I! If you don’t like a little crunch, minimize the amount of cinnamon-sugar you sprinkle on top! Problem will be solved!
I hope you enjoy the recipe and share this bread with some friends! After all, it is called friendship bread ❤
Oh and I forgot to mention, this recipe is most definitely healthy-ishh!