If there is any cookie that is sure to satisfy everyone at your next family gathering it is this one!
What once started as a simple chocolate chip cookie has come full circle and maintained its simplicity but also its amazing flavor. I can eat probably 10 of these with ice cream and milk in one sitting! Well maybe not 10..but man they are good! I have taken a recipe from Betty Crocker that I’ve used for years and altered just one simple thing: The baking time.
Three words to describe these bad boys (as quoted by my boyfriend (Trevor):
I couldn’t agree more.
These cookies are so comforting and versatile that they can be enjoyed by all!
Be sure to check out the recipe below and spread this deliciousness to all your friends and family at your next get together. Or, just spoil your man or girlfriend; they will be so happy you did.
Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup butter, softened
1.5 teaspoons vanilla
2 1/4 cups Gold Medal all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit
2. Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff)–DON’T STRESS
3. Mix in chocolate chips
4. Eat some batter–it’s too good not too (I’m afraid of raw egg, but it’s worth it!)
5. Bake 6 minutes! NO MORE, NO LESS! The centers will be perfectly soft and the edges will have a touch of crispiness to them! AHHH YEAH!
6. Cool slightly and then remove from the cookie sheet–cool on wire rack
7. ENJOY! 🙂